"Margymore" [Margy-more] Meaning: Disorder
15 June 2012
During May and June 2012 the Ulster-Scots Agency participated in 10 major events; the majority of which were joint projects with Foras na Gaeilge which provided visitors with a cross cultural showcase of Ulster-Scots and Irish music and dance.
The events were as follows:
· The Ballywalter Game and Country Fair, Ballywalter - Saturday 5th May
· The Lord Mayor's Fun Day, Lisburn - Saturday 12th May
· The Balmoral Show, Belfast - Wednesday 16th to Friday 18th May (Joint project with Foras na Gaeilge)
· The Northern Ireland Countryside Festival, Moira - Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th May
· The Centenary Lurgan Show - Saturday 2nd June
· The Stormont Family Fun Day, Belfast - Monday 4th June (Joint project with Foras na Gaeilge)
· The Big Flame Festival, Derry-Londonderry - Monday 4th June (Joint project with Foras na Gaeilge)
· The Olympic Torch Celebration, Newry – Tuesday 5th June (Joint project with Foras na Gaeilge)
· The Olympic Torch Celebration, Belfast – Wednesday 6th June (Joint project with Foras na Gaeilge)
· The Olympic Torch Leaving Northern Ireland Celebration, Larne – Thursday 7th June (Joint project with Foras na Gaeilge)
10 major events in 5 weeks!
The Agency would like to thank all those who attended the above events and also on behalf of Foras na Gaeilge and the Agency, thank all the musicians and dancers who provided the Ulster-Scots and Irish performances over this five-week period and finally the event organisers for the opportunity to become a part of these projects.
A selection of images can be viewed on the Ulster-Scots Agency’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/UlsterScotsAgency
For details of future Ulster-Scots and cross cultural events visit www.ulsterscotsagency.com/events